February 24, 2013

Agriculture in the Classroom

Our classroom is lucky enough {blessed enough} to have Abby as our high school helper in the afternoons.  She is one of the top leaders for the FFA program in Hermiston this year, and was a large part of bringing {Ag in the Classroom} to Rocky Heights this month.  She and several other students involved in FFA came on Friday and made worm bins with us.  The students learned the importance of keeping soil enriched, and what we can do to keep soil healthy with our own garbage.  I think we all have a whole new appreciation for worms now!!

Thanks Abby, and your crew, for bringing Ag into Room 1!!

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks fun, even though I have a big phobia of worms... I wish they could go to every class! That was very nice of them too! ~ Emily W.