December 12, 2012

magical.


Easing my way to the middle so I could catch some merry moments & bits of joy, I looked at these 90+ kids with pride.  They were all dressed up, beaming with pride, waving to the crowd, singing their hearts out, and reminding all of us what the magic of Christmas is all about.

Weeks later and I'm still singing about bells and whispering gl-gl-glorious, mar-mar-marvelous ... as I bake sugar cookies and wrap presents.

I'm their teacher, but that night as I watched them through my lens, I caught myself looking at them as a parent.

A parent who can't believe that they're really that big.

A parent who just spent 30 minutes prior trying to get something in their tummy while dressing them in their Christmas best.

A parent who wishes they could stay this small forever.

A parent who can't help but smile a little bigger and feel a little lighter just by being there.

Magical.

That's the best word I can come up with to describe little kids singing their hearts out just because!

Here's to spreading the magic the whole year through ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said. Magical night indeed. You are a true blessing to each of these children! Sandy